Thursday 17 December 2009

Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin



This is another book I borrowed from the library. For me it's case of try before you buy. In this instance I am going to buy this book for myself. It's a truly great book with lots of beautiful pictures and lots of step by step make up looks.

I am a sucker for beautiful pictures in make up books and this book certainly delivers that. Aucoin makes up many many people in this book, most of whom are famous and there are also some unknown but extremely beautiful faces in there too. His mother also features in this book.

There are many every day looks and smoky eye looks but there are also very different make up looks such as Cleopatra, Mary Queen of Scots, Madame Butterfly and Elizabeth I.

Whether you are new to make up or a seasoned user you will love this book. It's well laid out, full of colour and easy to follow.

Aucoin makes up many different types of people in this book, from young to not so young and covering many different skin tones. There really is something for everyone in this book.

One of my favourite pictures is of 3 very beautiful women, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jody Foster and Meg Ryan all wearing the same make up. This was done for Vanity Fair and it's interesting to see how they all look with the same make up.

This book gets a huge thumbs up from me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails