Sunday 22 May 2011

Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Daily Gentle Facial Cleanser Review

I was sent this a while ago to review and have now been using it regularly for about a month.  I do like to make sure I have given products a good road test before reviewing them.  It's only fair to:


  1. You, my lovely readers
  2. The product
  3. The company
  4. Me!!
This comes in a tube(95g), like most soapy type cleansers.  It is a lathering cleanser and is to be applied to a wet face and massaged gently in a circular motion avoiding the eyes.  Then it should be rinsed off with lukewarm water.

On re-reading the instructions I have realised that I make a huuuge mistake with this every time!! And that is that I don't avoid my eye area.  I am pleased to report that my eyes have not suffered in any way but obviously this is not recommended and undertaken entirely at your own risk.

I am most definitely a soapy cleanser in the morning type person (as I cleanse my face in the shower and this is the most convenient way for me) and I use either a creamy cleanser or my Bioderma at bed time.

I love the smell of this product, it's very fresh and light.  There is a faint hint of cucumbers off it but not in the same way as other cucumber products I have used.  I would describe this smell as "soapy cucumbers".  It is lovely.

It lathers up well on my skin and I find that I don't need as much of it as I do with other cheaper cleansers.  However I do need slightly more of it than I would with my more expensive foaming cleansers.  This product definitely sits quite happily in the middle.  

I think it is priced accordingly.  Not too cheap and not ridiculously expensive.  It can be bought online at feelunique.com here for £8.99 and free delivery.  Currently they are offering a free gift when you buy any 2 Yes To Products.  Definitely worth checking out.

This product is designed for sensitive skin.  It contains 99.6% natural ingredients, Dead Sea Minerals and most interesting for me is that it is Petroleum, SLS and Paraben free.  Having used other SLS free products in the past (mostly baby products as I was trying to go SLS free for my kids) I am very impressed at how well this stuff lathers up.  Other SLS products do not lather like this.  In fact, I have always found their lack of lather has put me off repurchasing.  I'm definitely someone who needs to see the suds to feel like the product is working.  It's probably all in my head but I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way.  

This is one not to be missed if you are allergic to SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate) or indeed you just want to cut it out of your life.  It has been linked to cancer and a lot of people now actively keep it out of their lives.  

Would I repurchase?

This is the biggy for me.  I would repurchase if it was more readily available in somewhere like Boots or Superdrug.  I just don't think of buying skin care online and that probably won't change.

I think this product (and company) could benefit enormously by being more easily accessible.  Especially in these times when people do think more and more about what they put on and in their bodies.  I'm sure there is a huge market place out there for this type of product, just waiting to be tapped into.

Maybe in the near future we will see the Yes To range being available in Boots.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

4 comments:

  1. I am always attracted to any skincare product with the name "cucumber" in the title :) This sounds like good stuff, I might dip my toes in the Yes To range soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get eczema on my face and i absolutely hate it! i have tried yes to cucumbers recently and its amazing! x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



  3. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you



    Good Facial Cleansers

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are as emollients, common oils, fake oils, humectants and greases, which work best when utilized as an every day applied face cream with against maturing fixings.
    face creams

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails