Friday 6 May 2011

Bliss At The Basin

Today I got my hair cut and as I suffer from Psoriasis on my scalp I had booked myself in for a conditioning scalp treatment.  I will try anything once to see if it helps my condition.

I was supposed to get it before my cut but as I was (as usual) running late, I got it after my cut, which meant I had my hair washed more times.  Score!!  I love getting my hair washed at the hairdressers and I love the scalp massage that they do.  It's my idea of compete and utter bliss.

This treatment involved a treatment shampoo, followed by the application of a lotion and another massage.  The lotion smelt of peppermint to me (I've no idea what it actually was) and after it was applied it was left for 10 minutes.  It made my head feel strangely cold but it wasn't unpleasant.  It was then removed with another shampoo and another (yay!!) massage.

So far I am impressed with it.  My head (on the area of my psoriasis) has been noticeably less itchy.  It does still get the occasional itch but not like it normally does.  And it seems to be a LOT less flaky.  I suffer terribly with itchiness and flakiness (lovely I know).  I am now wondering how long it will last for and if it will be as bad as ever again once I have washed it.  Only time will tell.

This cost me £5 on top of the price of my cut, so in my opinion, it was definitely worth a try.  Perhaps I'll need to have this treatment regularly to see any real benefit.  I will definitely be getting it again because, even if it is only a temporary result that I get from it, for £5 it is an extremely inexpensive treat.

Check out your local salon to see if they offer anything like this.  Definitely worth a go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails