Thursday 28 October 2010

Six Times is a Habit

I read somewhere once that you only have to do something six times for it to become a habit.  I for one believe this to be true.  Last year I religiously moisturised my body after every shower.  It was definitely a good habit to be in and my skin thanked me for it.

However, the flip side of this coin is that it only takes you to stop doing something 6 times for that to become the habit.  Over the summer I became very lazy about body moisturisation.  I don't know why, as it's so much easier to do when the weather is warmer and you're not freezing when you step out of the shower.  I can only put it down to laziness.

Now though my skin is becoming very dry again and we are definitely in dry, flaky skin kind of weather.

Today I bought this:



















It's the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Body Treatment.  It sounded just up my street and exactly what my skin ordered.  Plus, there is nothing like a brand spanking new product to help form new habits, right?

What it says on the info:

"A fast absorbing moisturising treatment for the body.
  • Saturates deeply and moisturises intensely
  • Reverses skin dryness and flaking
To use: apply generously on body.
Clinically and dermatologist tested."

Sounds just the job for my dry skin and I have already applied my first application post shower.  Only five more times to go for my old habit to be reinstated!!

What good beauty habits would you like to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails