Thursday 30 January 2014

Essie Tea and Crumpets Nail Polish Review

I have owned this polish for quite a while but hadn't used it.  I tend not to wear nail polish a lot as I swim a few times a week and that reduces the longevity of the polish.  However, last week I decided to crack the bottle open.

I applied 2 coats on top of a base coat.  I didn't use a top coat.  I was pleased with the results.


It's a really pretty shimmery nude colour.  It's perfect for every day use.  I found that it lasted really well without any chips for 4 days.  After the fourth day the chips began to appear but not to the extent that I felt I had to remove the polish.  I was determined to keep it on for a full week.

Today the full week is up and here is the result.


As you can see from the picture there is more wear and tear on my right hand.  This is to be expected as I am right handed.

All in all I think the polish performed really well.  I've seen much worse after a week's wear.  This polish had to survive an hour in the swimming pool, multiple hand washes and quite a few dish washing sessions.  Not bad really.

I am beginning to really like Essie polishes and I have more to try.  They seem to last well and they aren't too expensive.  They retail for £7.99 and can be bought at Boots and Superdrug.

Have you got a favourite Essie colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails