Saturday 12 September 2009

A Drink For Dry Skin

I suffer from dry skin and I'm on the eternal search for an amazing product that will hydrate my skin. I am a big fan of Clinique (I have been for many many many many years lol) and I recently got a sample sample of Moisture Surge Extra in a Clinique Bonus Time. For anyone who doesn't know what Clinique Bonus Time is where have you been?!! lol Bonus Time is when Clinique run a special promotion whereby you receive a goody bag or box with any 2 purchases. I am a complete Bonus Time addict and always wait for one to be on near me before I purchase anything. Details of future Bonus Times can be found here: http://www.clinique.co.uk/stores_events/se_bonus_time.tmpl



What Clinique say:

"Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief


All Skin TypesNew and improved formula offers longer hydration for up to 12 hours. With new micor-molecules Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief allows quicker and more efficient moisturisation.

Gives an immediate moisture boost and plumps up skin's resistance to fine, dry lines. Moisturises and soothes dry skin; intensifies benefit of moisturiser. Instantly refreshes skin; leaves it feeling smoother and softer. Calms skin. Comfortable and versatile for all skins; lightweight; absorbs quickly. Helps protect against environmental irritants.Use after 3-Step Skin Care (and following your favourite Clinique booster lubricant) for an immediate moisture boost. Can be applied daily. Pat all over face. Apply throughout the day as needed, even over makeup. Use as refreshing, moisture-intensive 5-minute mask."


I have been loving this stuff as a night time treatment. I use my regular cleanser, toner and moisturiser and leave the moisturiser to sink in for about 5 minutes. Then I apply the Clinique Moisture Surge. It is like a gel and it applys really nicely and sinks into the skin well. It's marketed as "thirst relief" and it really is just like giving your skin a drink. It feels instantly hydrated and soft. I have used this in the past but I think that Clinique have improved the formulation.

It is pricey though at £30 for 50ml but it will last a long time as a little goes a long way (depending on how you use it of course). I think it is worth the price tag and have already purchased a jar in preparation for my sample running out.

I think I want to try Youth Surge next. I'm hoping for a free sample in a future Bonus Time:)

Have you tried this or any other of the Clinique skin care products? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails