Sunday 24 January 2010

The Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver Review



I was sent this eye treatment from The Body Shop quite a few months ago to try. As I was wading my way through lots of stuff that I already owned I have only recently been able to try this out. I have now been using it for about 4 weeks and I think that is long enough for me to be able to give you my honest opinion if it.

What is it for?

Wake up tired eyes with this lightweight gel cream. Non-greasy and extra gentle.

How much is it?

£9 for 15ml

Packaging

I think the packaging is lovely and bright. It's hard to lose this bottle lol

Does it work?

It is a lovely, lightweight and non greasy eye cream. It is easliy absorbed into the skin and forms a good base for eyeshadow. I have been using it morning and night and haven't had to wait too long after applying before I can apply my eyeshadow. Probably about 5 minutes is enough. I normally do my skin care routine, then go off and have breakfast, giving all the products time to be absorbed, then apply make up.

I don't think it has much of a brightnening effect though. At least not on me. I would imagine that a brightening product would have some sort of effect on dark circles but this sadly does not. My dark circles have returned with a vengeance since I stopped using my HG eye cream to test this one out.

Would I purchase this myself?

Probably not given that it does nothing for my dark circles. However if dark circles were not an issue for me then I might purchase this again.

Would I recommend it?

Only to people who don't have issues with dark circles. It is a lovely cream and with it being so easily absorbed into the skin it is great before make up. It's reasonably priced (it's approximately half the price of my HG eye cream). I love the packaging and with The Body Shop in lots of towns across the country it is easily accessable to most people.

I hope you find this review helpful. Let me know what you think of the format. I think doing all reviews like this may make them easier to read.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like this eye cream much. Now they have a new one out (this one was discontinued) that I am dying to try. I love the Vitamin C skincare products, specially the new Powder Radiance Mix, the microdermabrasion, the wash and the spritz... my favourites!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails