Wednesday 2 February 2011

Feeling Miserable - What To Do?

I am totallty loaded with a head cold and feeling very sorry for myself.  I am currently on a week's leave from work and was really looking forward to it but now I'm sick and feeling miserable!  Just my luck:(  I am not a very good patient either so my poor husband has to listen to me complaining about being sick a lot.

So how did I cheer myself up this morning?

Firstly, as my lips are feeling sore, dry and chapped (the blocked up nose makes mouth breathing a necessity and my lips are suffering for it) I applied my favourite intense lip treatment.

This stuff is lovely for lots of things but is especially amazing on very dry lips.  I then applied the leftover bit on my finger to my cuticles.  Waste not want not!

I had to pay a visit to the local market to stock up on some healthy goodies so I bought plenty of oranges so that I can get a good dose of vitamin C.  I then had to go to the bank which is in the shopping centre, right opposite a chemist with an Estee Lauder counter.  I thought it would be a good idea to go in and ask for a sample of Double Wear foundation as I have never tried it and think it's about time I did:)  So the assistant gave me 2 shades to try - Fresco and Ecru.


I just love that Estee Lauder let you try their foundation in this way before you buy.  It's pure genious.  I then spotted a gift set containing a mascara, Advanced Night Repair Eye cream and a small bottle of their Eye Makeup Remover.  All for the price of the mascara (£19) and it's a full sized mascara.  The other 2 are sample sizes but are generous sample sizes.  Well I thought this was too good a bargain to miss.  I love their mascara, Advanced Night Repair Eye and the Eye makeup remover so I couldn't lose could I?


As you can see I chose the Double Wear mascara.  I love it but I have only ever had the small version of it that comes in the Gifts With Purchase.  I'm looking forward to having a full sized one on the go.  The lady also gave me a sample of perfume.  It's Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir.  It's quite a heavy fragrance and maybe not good for daytime use but it would be good for night time use. 


It comes in a little tiny spray too which is so cute and so much better to be able to spray it on rather than fighting with a small lid that comes right off.


Perfect for carrying in my handbag:)

Finally to round the morning off I needed a caffeine fix, so I headed to Costa for a large latte.


Yum!!

So that's me cheered up marginally and now I have some new goodies to play with.  I hope you are all well xx

2 comments:

  1. ah i hope you feel better soon! im just back up and running after three weeks of flu so I know how miserable it makes you feel.
    i love estee mascara.. definitely got a few things to cheer yourself up!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nicolacc2008 Thanks Nic, I'm feeling a lot better now but still not 100%. I'm getting there though:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails