Wednesday 24 June 2009

NOTD and a Review Bourjois So Laque Nail Polish



This is a Bourjois So Laque nail polish in 05 Beige Glamour. It claims to last for up to 7 days.

It applied really well and dried quite quickly. Normally I will end up smudging at least one finger before it is completely dry but not this time. Maybe it's the polish or maybe it was just me. I used a base coat, 2 coats of the polish and a top coat. I'm not normally a top coat kind of person as I don't think it makes a difference and having a 4th layer can make the polish more likely to chip in my opinion. However, I read somewhere recently that a top coat was necessary so I tried it. I stand by my original feeling on top coats. It made no difference with this polish. I think it's just the cosmetics companies trying to make us spend more.

As for the 7 days claim, my index finger didn't get past 24 hours before having a major chip and the rest of my fingers slowly followed suit. By day 4 it was horrendous.

The Verdict

I would recommend this polish to anyone who doesn't have to use their hands too much and who definitely doesn't do the washing up. Maybe a pair of rubber gloves would improve things for me.

The Price

This costs £5.37 at Boots and is currently on offer 2 for £8. I think this is quite an expensive nail polish and in all honesty I got more mileage out of my Wet n Wild nail polish at £1.87.

Have you ever tried these polishes? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails