Sunday 5 April 2009

Review: Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion


I am not one for a tan normally but with all these beauty blogs and Youtube videos I am addicted to I have decided to try and become a bronze goddess this year lol!! I am really pale, in fact I'm the palest person I know and have had my paleness commented on all my life. I have got used to it but now I'm ready for a change.


I decided to try the Dove Summer Glow in light to medium because I want a tan that is buildable and not in your face so to speak. With it being half price in Boots it was even more attractive.



I started using it about 10 days ago and at the beginning I loved it. It was natural looking and smelt quite nice when I first applied it. It was very easy to blend in and I believe I was streak free!! However during the day I noticed that it did smell like fake tan. It did give me a gradual build up of cover which I liked but now it's in the stages where it is partly wearing off and I hate that part. It also wore off in a patch under my watch and has settled into my creases, especially in the inner elbows.

Having said all that I have never had a fake tan that doesn't wear off in this way and hasn't settled in my creases eventually. I have had about 4 applications over the 10 days and I'll top it up again in the morning after my shower.

All in all for £2.44 in Boots I can't really complain about this product and I do feel better with a slight tan, especially if the weather is good.

Has anyone else tried this product? How did you get on with it?

4 comments:

  1. I have just bought it too but I'm only applying it on my legs for now while I test it out! I hate the smell of fake tan, so I put it on at night then shower in the morning to get rid of the smell!! I bought some exfoliating gloves too, and use these before I use it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rainbowdust33 Let me know how you get on. It's actually quite nice on my legs and probably the easiest to blend that I have used. I very rarely get my legs out though but maybe I'll be brave enough this summer lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use the same one on your face too? I have some of this.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @happy1234 No I don't use the same one on my face. I don't use anything on my face. I'm not that brave lol!! Although I have bought some Olay Complete Care Everyday Sunshine for my face. I'll review it when I am brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails