Saturday 16 May 2009

Good Service at Boots

After my bad Boots experience the other day I took myself to another Boots today for a second go. I went to a larger Boots in Belfast and was able to get served!! Yay!! There was actually an Estee Lauder girl on the Estee Lauder counter - shock horror!! She was busy when I arrived but she made a point of acknowledging me and said she would be with me shortly. Whilst I was waiting another couple of customers came up the counter and she acknowledged them as well. I already knew what I wanted so that made it easier.



The Gift Time gift consisted of:

Lipstick in 31 Spiced Coral
Advanced Night Repair (I love this stuff!)
Sensuous Perfume (I've never tried this before but I'm liking it!)
Take It Away Total Make Up Remover
Eyeshadow Quad in 05 Spiced Peach
Double Wear Mascara in Black

The lipstick and the eyeshadow came in a choice of 2 different sets. I chose the browny one and there was also a blue/purple one.



With it came 3 (yes 3!!! ) make up bags. This is the part of these gifts that I don't like. I have a mountain of these bags. There are only so many make up bags a girl needs lol.




To get this gift I had to purchase 2 Estee Lauder products. I got the Double Wear Stay In Place Shadow Creme in 01 Pink Blush. This is gorgeous. These eyeshadows are basically like a Mac paint pot. I'll do a review/comparison when I've used this a bit more.

I also got the Double Wear Stay in Place Shadow Stick in 06 Bronze. This is like a Mac Shadestick (so much so that I have found a Mac one and an Estee Lauder one that are identical not just similar!!). I'm loving bronze colours at the minute to bring out the blue in my eyes.





As this was a larger Boots I had the added bonus of looking at different cosmetics that aren't stocked in any Boots local to me. I've heard so much on here about the Prestige Minerals that I made a bee line for them. I got:

Baked Shadow Quad in 03 Bijou
Baked Mineral Blush in 01 Pink
Mineral Bronzing Powder in 03 Pure Shimmer

I can't wait to try out my new goodies!!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely haul - I love the look of that shadow and I look forward to your review, its such a pretty colour. BTW - I agree about the makeup bags lol - they always seem either huge and not good for day to day use, or small but not long enough to fit makeup brushes into, which frustrates me! Wouls love to know your thoughts on the prestige stuff too - I had glam tan but I disliked it, although a lot of people seemed to love it! I also have the pure shimmer powder and it reminds me a lot of MAC's MSF's... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your comparison of the shadow creme and paint pots!
    I've never really had a look at EL but i might do now.
    I'd also like to know your thoughts on the perfume xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a really good gift set. I thought you only received points when you purchased 2 items. I have my eye on one of their double wear cream shadows. Roll on pay day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerry1487 Sometimes they do a points promotion in Boots which is always worth a look at. Estee Lauder do these "Gift Time" promotions which aren't specific to Boots. Anywhere there is a counter will have a promotion like this. Gordons Chemist was the last one and now it's Boots' turn. Menary's would do it too. You just need to keep your eyes peeled!! It's always worth waiting for a gift time to be on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for checking out my blog - I'm following you now too :-)
    I bought Estee Lauder creamy shadows too (the silver one and dark purple). Love the silver one but haven't tried the purple yet. Look forward to seeing how you like it too.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails